Vicon’s Online Training Courses
The online training programs for Vicon’s Valerus Video Management System and VAX Access Control offers in-depth instructional videos and presentations on how to install, operate and manage these powerful systems. Designed for flexibility and time management, the course is built in separate sections, based on different portions of the training, allowing the trainees to work at their own pace.
Standard Terms and Conditions for the purchase/enrollment of our online courses apply for services provided by Vicon.
Please click here to review our Course Terms and Conditions.
NEW VAX Training!
VAX Access Control
The Vicon Valerus and VAX Basic Courses are FREE OF CHARGE and recommended for end-users and anyone else seeking further education and understanding of the Valerus and/or VAX platform.
- Covers the same full spectrum of material as the Certification courses but does not have any exams or time requirements and does not provide a certified status.
- Registrants can view the presentations and videos multiple times as needed.
- Courses take approximately 10-12 hours (each) to complete.
Valerus 18.2 Introduction Course
This course is FREE OF CHARGE and provides an overview of the latest features in Valerus version 18.2.
- Covers new features that include: automated NVR failover, enhanced configuration options and video analytics.
- Course takes approximately 1-2 hours to complete.
VAX Access Control
The Vicon Valerus and VAX Certification Courses are recommended for installing dealers seeking an education in the Valerus and/or VAX platforms and formal Vicon certification.
- Covers all aspects of Valerus and VAX from setup and programming to operational capabilities.
- There is a $295 fee for each of these training courses.
- Courses take approximately 10-12 hours (each), which includes required testing, and must be completed within 60 days of starting the sessions.
- Upon completion of the courses and passing the tests, registrant will receive a certificate and Vicon gift package (please make sure you provide valid shipping address during registration)
Upon successful completion of the Certification Courses, BICSI will recognize each course for the following credits:
• Valerus VMS Training Certification Course: 12 BICSI CECs
• VAX Access Control Training Certification Course: 6 BICSI CECs
Registrants should choose one of the courses based on the descriptions above. Online training takes place within a learning portal. Once the portal is accessed, you may enter and exit at your convenience.
Important to Note:
You must register in our training portal before you can enroll in an online course.
Q: Do I have to register before I can enroll in a course?
A: Yes, before you can enroll in a course you must register in our learning portal.
Q: How do I register?
A: Use the easy, online registration form in the learning platform.
Q: How do I make a payment? Is the fee refundable if I cancel?
A: After you register online, and enroll in the course you will be able to submit payment through the secure PayPal payment tool. There is no fee to cancel the course.
Q: Can I get a refund if I change my mind and do not begin the Certification course?
A: We will be happy to refund you registration fee, in full, if you need to cancel up to 5 full business days after you submit payment as long as you have not started the course.
Q: How much does training cost?
A: There is no fee for the Basic training course, the cost is $295 for the Certification training course.
Q: What is the difference between the Basic and Certification courses?
A: The course framework and content are the same, however the Certification version includes exams at the end of each of the 11 sections and provides a Certificate of Completion upon completion of the course and successfully passing all exams.
Q: How do I contact support?
A: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: Do I have to complete the course in one session?
A: No, you have 60 days from the time of registration to complete the course.
Q: How long will it take to complete the course?
A: 10-12 hours
Q: Do I receive a certificate at the end of the course?
A: Not for the Basic training course, it is a non-certificate course. All attendees who complete the Certification training course and pass all 11 section exams will receive a certificate at the completion of the course.
Q: Can I get a duplicate copy of my certification course completion certificate?
A: Yes, please contact email@example.com to process your request.
Q: Are there supporting materials available for the courses?
A: Yes, there is a course manual available to all enrolled students.
Q: Does course completion provide rights to buy the product or technical support services?
A: Course certification does not automatically provide rights to buy the product or secure technical support services.
Q: What languages is the course offered in?
A: All courses are offered only in English.
Q: What browser should I be using?
A: Your learning platform should operate without any issues on Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari.