Valerus SmartAnalytics Brings Real-Time and Post-Event Analysis to Valerus VMS
Valerus Smart Analytics makes your surveillance system more efficient, reduces the workload on security and management staff, and helps you capture the full value of security video by making your IP camera system more intelligent in its work. The Valerus SmartAnalytics suite boasts a set of advanced, automated, video analysis tools that provide for the immediate detection and extraction of events and valuable data from surveillance footage. These tools replace the manual and time-consuming tasks traditionally employed to monitor live video feeds or sift through recorded video.
Featuring real-time event detection, video search and business intelligence applications, Valerus SmartAnalytics provides a complete solution to the diverse analytics requirements of multiple vertical markets.
The SmartAnalytics suite integrates with Vicon’s Valerus VMS, enabling Valerus to receive, display and manage real-time events. The easy-to-use platform uses pre-defined behavior “rules” that monitor activity across hundreds of video channels, providing alerts and system reactions only when specific behaviors occur.
- Transforms video surveillance system from a passive tool to a proactive detection system
- Detects a wide range of events relating to people, vehicles and static objects
- Analyzes video from multiple sources in parallel and allows complex detection scenarios linking detection rules from different cameras
- Enables unlimited combinations of analytics detection rules to be applied to each camera
- Offers innovative “Rule Test” for validation of detection accuracy in the installation phase
- Features an Event Dispatcher tool to enable notification of real-time events via a range of communication applications
Real-Time Event Detection & Alerts – Identify risks and react more quickly than conventional security monitoring.
Setting “Rules” that automatically react to pre-defined behaviors takes the burden off of operators. Alerts can be set for a wide variety of actions and each video stream can support multiple rules. Rules are defined by the user, such as entrance of a secured zone, vehicle stops on highway or suspicious bag is left behind.
Examples of General Rules for Valerus SmartAction Video Analytics
Search multiple channels of recorded video for specific events. Offered as a separate module or as a bundle with real-time analytics, SmartSearch offers options to search recorded video for specific events and objects of interest quickly, no other analytics required.
- Offers extensive range of search parameter filters to pinpoint video segments of interest
- Presents versatile visualization displays that minimize video viewing time
- Delivers rapid results: searches 24 hours of video in a few seconds
- Enables simultaneous search on any number of cameras
- Increases efficiency in investigations relying on recorded video
- Allows search to be applied in near real-time for enhanced situational awareness and incident response
Video SmartSearch Capabilities
Offered as a separate module or as a bundle with real-time analytics, SmartSearch offers options to search recorded video for specific events and objects of interest quickly, no other analytics required.
Search Parameters and Capabilities
- Target Type –Search for specific target type: Person, Vehicles, Static Objects
- Event Type – Moving, Stationary, Crossing a line, Occupancy, Crowding
- Search by Color
- Search by Size
- Search within defined time frames
- Search on selected cameras or group of cameras
- Search for Similar Targets
Search Results – Viewing Options
- Thumbnails – Search results presented in video playback thumbnails
- Video Summary – Search results presented as one condensed clip of all related events
- Target Path – Search results shown as graphical presentation of all motion paths in a scene for identification of trends/anomalies
- Site Map – Search results of “Target Path” on a site map, showing multiple camera displays in a single view
Valerus Business Intelligence
Statistical information regarding traffic volumes, traffic trends and motion patterns can be effortlessly extracted from surveillance video. Equipped with such information, facility managers, marketing leaders and business owners can make educated decisions regarding various operational and resource allocation aspects at their facility.
- Delivers accurate, wide-ranging statistical data related to people and vehicles
- Offers advanced visualization tools including charts, graphs and heat maps
- Enables exporting of the raw data for further analysis or integration with other systems
- Enhances operations and marketing decisions for the retail sector through customer behavior analysis
- Provides key metrics for highway operators through vehicle flow and speed analysis
Business Intelligence Capabilities
Business Intelligence Rules for Statistical Reports
- Count targets (people/vehicles)
- Speed analysis (vehicles)
- Crowding (people)
- Occupancy (people)
Business Intelligence Query Results – Viewing Options
- Statistical Analysis – Behavioral statistics in graphical and tabular reports
- Target Path Analysis – Search results shown as graphical presentation of all motion paths in a scene for identification of trends/anomalies
- Heat Map – Visualization of traffic levels to identify high/low traffic zones
- Site Map – Search results of “Target Path Analysis” and “Heat Map” on a site map, showing multiple camera displays in a single view
Statistical analysis tasks related to people and cars, accurately recognize the movements of people and vehicles while ignoring motion not relevant to a scene.
Visual retail heat mapping of customer behavior and patterns is interactive, providing direct links from the pattern to source video.
For vehicles, measure traffic flow and calculate the average speed in a specific area, providing valuable insights into important aspects like traffic patterns.