Tips for Obtaining Fast and User-Friendly Tech-Support
Following these simple steps will ensure that you get the help you need as quickly and conveniently as possible:
- Check Online First: Before contacting technical support, take a look at the many valuable how-to tutorials posted both on the Vicon website and on You Tube. These short videos provide easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions on many common procedures associated with ViconNet and the VMDC; there may be one that specifically addresses your question. Also, check out technical notes and product support documentation posted in the tech support section of our website.
- Check Your Product Eligibility: If you are calling about a product that is more than a few years old, please refer to our posted Vicon Support Lifecycle Policy and review the list of products that are no longer supported. We hate to have you waste valuable time waiting for assistance only to discover after-the-fact that the product has reached its end of lifecycle.
- Know Your Customer ID Number: Vicon now requires callers to provide their Customer ID Number when contacting Technical Support. Please be certain to have this number available when placing your call. If you cannot provide this number, your call will be forwarded to a Vicon Sales Representative who will verify your company’s status and eligibility for support. Phone support is provided exclusively to Vicon Authorized Dealers. Please note that your Customer ID Number is also required when completing the online Technical Support Request Form.
- Know Your Case Number: If your call is a follow up to an issue that you previously reported, please be prepared to provide the case number that was assigned during previous contact with our tech support team. We track the sequence of events, actions taken and problem status of all calls we receive, and when you can provide us with your case number, it allows our support engineer to immediately understand the history of your problem and to move forward without any duplication of effort.
- Use the Computer Instead of the Phone: Our posted tech support request form allows you to place a request for tech support without picking up the phone. Your submitted request will be entered into our help queue and you will receive a call back as soon as one of our support engineers is ready to assist you.
- Pre-Schedule a Call Back: Consider pre-scheduling a tech support phone call rather than waiting on hold to speak with the next available support engineer. Use our online tech support request form to specify a date, time and phone number where you can be reached, and our team will do its best to satisfy your request. Please make sure to provide thorough answers when completing the request form so that when you receive our call, our support engineer is able to deliver assistance in the most efficient and productive manner possible.
The in-office business hours of the Vicon Technical Support team are 8:30AM-5:00PM EST Monday – Friday. Emergency service is available during non-business hours and holidays by calling 1-800-348-4266 and following the automated instructions.