Discover the “Advanced Simplicity” of Valerus Video Management Software
Valerus is Vicon’s NEW open-platform browser-based VMS solution designed to simplify every aspect of your surveillance experience
Clearly defined tiers make it easy to choose the right level
Highly automated configuration takes away the pain of programming
Intuitive and flexible interface makes it easy for anyone to use
Vicon’s new VMS, Valerus, was conceived and built to simplify the entire user experience. We call it “Advanced Simplicity”, and it’s more than just a catch phrase.
Valerus has been designed to eliminate all the pain points typically associated with video management. The confusing and complex processes of purchasing, installing, licensing, configuring, operating and maintaining most of today’s VMS solutions have all be addressed! Our open platform, enterprise quality software promises to redefine what customers can, and should, expect from their surveillance solution.
Key features and functions of Valerus VMS
- Built on ONVIF standard foundation – widely adopted industry common open protocol
- Eliminates the need for individual certifications
- Open for integration through simple API meant to support growth of integrated partner networks
- Valerus utilizes open source code where applicable
Increased Operational Efficiency
- Single point of management and operation
- Separate modules safeguard against risk of interruption
- Grouped resources frees up monitor space and makes it easy to search
High Performance Video with HD Resolution
- Unparalleled image quality
- Intelligently lowers bandwidth demands and increase storage capacity
- Reliable, uninterrupted video rendering
Ultimate in Flexibility and Scalability
- Three-tier licensing levels and protection packages offer room to grow
- Web-based access from anywhere
- Standards-based compatibility allows you to design the perfect solution
Simplifies Your Security Operations
- Dashboard monitors system’s health to quickly resolve issues
- Reduce deployment time with central licensing
- Quickly access important and frequently used tools and resources
- Automatic configuration reduces need for training
Discover Forensic Possibilities
- Clean, versatile layout allows you to customize views and find video quickly
- Designed to support analytics
- Built with the Cloud in mind
Integrates with VAX Access Control
- Dedicated VAX tab for easy access
- Map any camera
- Access anytime, anywhere
Easy for Any User
- Easy setup and configuration with set-up wizard and single license
- Easy to operate with clean and user-friendly interface
- Easy to maintain with dashboard for system health monitoring
Curious about specific features?
Software Tiers that Offer Ultimate Flexibility and Scalability
Valerus offers a time and cost saving central licensing process where a single license code activates all security components.
Three license levels are designed to handle all types of security demands; this allows Valerus to meet your specific needs based on the requirements of your application and scale of your operation. The simple and cost-effective pricing model combined with an optional upgrade protection program ensure long-term value.
Valerus offers a wide range of display options, from “surveillance in your pocket” to video access from any PC. Whatever combination of displays you choose, you can count on consistent, intuitive and responsive interfaces that keep you in control.
Click Here to download Valerus Software
- Up to 6 edge devices
- Up to 5 concurrent clients
- Up to 7 max recording days
- Basic features
- Up to 35 edge devices
- Up to 10 concurrent clients
- Unlimited max recording days
- Standard features
- Unlimited edge devices
- Unlimited concurrent clients
- Unlimited max recording days
- Advanced features
We also offer a 30-day FREE trial of the PRO version upon registration. You will then have to license either TRY, CORE or PRO.
Valerus has been designed to offer the easiest possible installation, configuration and licensing.
Our thin client architecture makes Valerus software accessible via a browser interface, eliminating the need to install custom software at each workstation. And, we make the most current version of Valerus software available to all our customers, without purchase of a protection plan. (protection plans unlock access to new features.)
Automated discovery and programming tools make quick work of basic system setup. The system auto-discovers all ONVIF cameras and recorders, logically assigns cameras to recording servers, and applies standard recording parameters system-wide.
Valerus employs one global activation key for the entire system. This saves time, and eliminates frustrations, during initial deployment, but also during system expansion, upgrades and maintenance.
Valerus’ intuitive interface and simple tools make it easy to manage and operate all system features.
Quickly see a health status snapshot of all system components. For faulty devices, the dashboard provides a description of the problem.
Valerus’ flexible interface allows you to group together related resources however you like, making it easy to quickly access and manage them through the on-screen menu.
Pre-set your favorite views of specific cameras for easy call-up. Display any news, feed, weather or third party interface right within the Valerus interface. And, take advantage of our free integration with VAX Access Control, allowing for a seamless, single platform of operation.
Upgrade Protection Plan (UPP)
Valerus allows you to grow as your needs change, giving you peace of mind. The upgrade protection plans allow you to upgrade your tier as more devices or features are needed. Additionally, the plan ensures that systems can be upgraded as new software is release.
1, 3 or 5 year plans are available. Learn more.
- Ensures you have all the features unlocked in your tier
- Migration path is less expensive
- Subscription plan tied into licensing reduces cost of ownership
We also offer a smooth migration path for ViconNet customers interested in transitioning to the Valerus platform. Learn more.
Documentation for Valerus servers can be found in the Valerus Hardware section. Click here.
Third-party opportunities for Valerus
With an open application programming interface (API), Valerus VMS can easily be integrated with third-party software. This enables customers to install additional functionality to help provide additional security or to streamline processes.
Development of new software is only limited by creativity. Inspiration is the key element in generating technological innovation.
Valerus is compatible with a wide range of third-party systems, giving customers the freedom of choice to meet specific system requirements.
Valerus was built to follow ONVIF standard to ensure our commitment to a global standard and interoperability between products in the industry.
To help facilitate standards-based interoperation, Vicon has founded the Vicon Developers Forum to provide a framework for the ecosystem to communicate, share ideas and innovate.