Gateway from ViconNet to Valerus
System Made Simple
The Valerus-ViconNet Gateway Solution is a NEW VALERUS MODULE designed to allow bridging existing ViconNet systems to Valerus, offering a simple migration path which allows you to keep your investment in ViconNet while modernizing your system and taking advantage of the open-platform, browser-based Valerus VMS interface.
No need to replace old machines; Valerus will connect to the entire legacy ViconNet system through the “Gateway” displaying live and recorded video from all ViconNet sources.
This Gateway will eliminate the need for a wholesale rip-and-replace effort, saving money, time and headaches.
ViconNet to Valerus Gateway Tool Overview Webinar
(Live webinar from 3-7-18)
Provides a simple migration path to bridge existing ViconNet® systems to Valerus VMS™
- Available as software only or preinstalled on Vicon certified hardware
- Supports existing ViconNet systems from 5.6d or later
- A single Gateway can support up to 500 ViconNet channels; multiple Gateways can be used to support ViconNet systems larger than 500 cameras
- For small ViconNet systems with 75 cameras or less, the Gateway can be combined onto the Valerus Application Server; for ViconNet systems with more than 75 cameras, a dedicated Gateway is required
The functionality supported on Valerus for channels connected through the Valerus-ViconNet Gateway Video and audio are pulled from the ViconNet VMS and sent to the Valerus clients transparently. The channels are handled by the gateways and stream through them. On Valerus, the video and audio channels appear as any other resource and can be used exactly as if they are an IP camera connected directly to Valerus.
Valerus-ViconNet Gateway Components
- The Gateway module is a separate installation that is available for Valerus VMS (starting version 18)
- ViconNet 8.3 (will be available from our website)
- The Gateway can be installed on any computer meeting the minimum requirements (similar to NVR)
- The Gateway can be purchased pre-installed on Vicon certified hardware; each Gateway requires a license
- Hardware specifications are similar to those of the Valerus Recording Server (NVR)
- The Gateway requires a license per Gateway computer
- The ViconNet installation on the Gateway does not require licensing
- ViconNet system connect via Gateway needs to be at version 5.6d or higher (older ViconNet version are not supported)
- The Gateway is supported by Valerus version 18 and higher
- In systems where a dedicated Application Server is used, the Gateway can run on that computer and support up to 75 ViconNet video channels
- For systems with more than 75 ViconNet video channels a dedicated computer is required to run the Gateway
- The ViconNet Gateway computer must run on a 1Gbps network
The Gateway connects to the ViconNet system and bridges a camera group (group has to be set in the Nucleus)
Functionality supported through the Gateway:
- Live video / audio viewing (can be used in views and tours as well)
- Playback of video / audio recorded on the ViconNet devices
- Control of PTZ cameras on the ViconNet devices
- Dewarp supported 360° cameras on the ViconNet system
- Thumbnail and Museum Search of video recorded on the ViconNet devices
- Export through the Valerus interface
- All recordings and recording settings are still on ViconNet
- Each Gateway can support up to 500 ViconNet video channels (using multiple Gateways is supported)
Functionality Supported on Valerus for Channels Connected through the Valerus-ViconNet Gateway
Video and audio are pulled from the ViconNet VMS and sent to the Valerus clients transparently. The channels are handled by the Gateways and stream through them. On Valerus, the video and audio channels appear as any other resource and can be used exactly as if they are an IP camera connected directly to Valerus. The supported functionality for those channels is listed in the table. Note, other functionality is still possible on the ViconNet VMS.
|Gateway server preloaded with Gateway and required ViconNet software||VLR-VN-GW (Desktop)|
|New license for Gateway||VLR-VN-GW-LIC|
|Upgrade license for existing Valerus systems||VLR-VN-GW-LIC-ADD|